When reading this part of the Moses story I thought about how flames can be so mesmeric. God “burned” the bush to get Moses attention and sure enough – Moses went to see what it was all about.
He was compelled towards the flames.
- What might compel you to get closer to God?
- Does it have to be something bad before we turn to God?
Then God spoke!! He told Moses to take off his shoes because he was on holy ground. The inference here is that wherever God is there is holy ground. If we believe that God is all over the place all the time – then everywhere is holy ground.
- How does that make you feel?
- What might that make you do in your life knowing that you are on holy ground all the time?
The most awesome part of this story for me is that God was waiting for Moses in that place and did something (burned the bush) to get Moses attention.
- What does it take for God to get your attention?
- How do you talk to God?
- Is there anything you could do to help God speak to you?
Let us all remember that whatever happens to us in this life – God is just waiting to speak to us and loves us to speak to Him!
What an awesome God!!